Monday, March 26, 2012

Getting Ready For SPRING





Sometimes, when you least expect it, The Garden suddenly, and without any warning, offers us a glimpse of just how beautiful Spring can be...

Over the last couple of weeks, I have taken about 12 hours to get all 17 flower beds ready for this Season of Possibilities...this time of amazing colors and wonderful fragrances. Dirt, sweat, blisters, and the task of removing pesky stickers from hands...all great stuff, and all part of the Spring Clean for the May Queen. But, it is so worth it !!

I still have to redesign the huge flower bed on the side of the house that is next to the Blue House...will be combining several smaller beds to make one complex one...and want it to be unique, and a welcoming place of peace to all who enter its boughs. I may even get a couple more pieces of "yard art" to add to its new look.

But that will be a PROJECT, a JOURNEY...not something to rush into and "get done"...but to ponder and create and revel in as it takes shape...as it develops its new Life. It will a joyful experience, and one that will bring a new dimension to The Garden, as a whole. 

As I cleaned out the flower beds and weeded the little bit of weeds that were there...then, raking the beds and yard, just to add to the freshness...it began to rain.


I realized at that very moment that THIS...the flower beds and The Garden...is my CHURCH...along with the cats, dogs and Family, of course. And also at that very moment, I could have sworn I heard The Universe sigh.


Peace...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment